I have been geekn’ out a lot lately reading some really great articles as well as learning some new techniques. There is a little bit of everything here and if you are a web developer it will come in handy. If you are not into jQuery skip this first section, as I have been really digging into what can be done in jQuery. If you like what you see check out my Delicious feed, as I am always running across great links.
If you couldn’t tell, I love working with jQuery. Here is a brief list of some plug ins, some tutorials, and some techniques I found very interesting.
- Preloading Data with Ajax and JSON
- InnerFade with jquery
- Text Truncation for jQuery
- 20 jQuery Plugins for Unforgettable User Experience
- jQuery ScrollTo
- JQuery Cycle Slideshow
- jQuery Coda-Slider
- intro to jquery
XHTML & CSS
CSS is still my first love, and I am always doing what I can to stay up on the latest trends and techniques. Check out these CSS tips and tuts below.
- 10 Easy Steps to Great Website Optimization
- Purely CSS Speech Bubble
- CSS Selectors
- Writing Flexible CSS
I started diving more into PHP due to the amount of websites I have deployed using WordPress. Since I typically use WordPress as a CMS, PHP is an integral part of making everything work. Check these out.
- 13 Vital PHP skills for every PHP developer
- 10 code snippets for PHP developers
- Creating a Dynamic Poll with jQuery and PHP
I heart WordPress, and can’t wait till version 2.7 is released. Here are some great plug ins as well as some techniques to use when creating a WordPress theme for yourself and others.
- Search Excerpt WordPress Plugin
- Functions.php in WordPress Themes
- Create an Options Page WordPress Theme
- Context Includes – WordPress
Flash & Fireworks
Photoshop is a dominate force in design. I love it and use it for all my Photography work, but when it comes to web design, I find Fireworks to be better suited. Whenever I find a tutorial for Fireworks I always read it. Check out the firetut below, as well as some flash tuts I’ve check out lately.